I am certified Google Cloud Platform Qualified Data Analyst.In this post, I am going to explain the way how to get it certified.However, this GCP exam is replaced with the new certifications by 2017.
I took couple of training sessions from Simplilearn
With this course gives me an insight and brief about
- Introduction to Google Cloud Platform
- Google App Engine and Cloud Datastore
- Google Platform Storage
- Google Container Engine
- Google Compute Engine and Networking
- Big Data and Machine Learning
By this course got my basic understanding about Google Cloud Platform(GCP). However, my objective is to learn BigQuery. So I need to take CPB200 which talks more about Google BigQuery.
With this course gives me a detailed understanding about BigQuery
- BigQuery Overview and Fundamentals
- BigQuery Architecture
- Transforming, Loading and Exporting Data
- Queries and Functions
- Query Performance and Error
- Access Control
- External tools and Visualisation
- Google Analytics Premium (GAP)
This training is sufficing to get certified Google Cloud Platform Qualified Data Analyst.
Along with this course, Simplilearn is offering the voucher code to take the certification exam for free cause (For 1 attempt free, you need to repay for the retake).For more info look into Simplilearn.
The Google Cloud Platform Qualified Data Analyst exam is intended for Data Analysts and Data Scientists responsible for:
- Analyzing and visualizing big data
- Implementing cloud-based big data solutions
- Deploying or migrating big data applications to the public cloud
- Implementing and maintaining large-scale data storage environments
- Transforming/processing big data
About the exam
The Google Cloud Platform Qualified Data Analyst exam is a combination of multiple-choice, multiple-response, and true/false questions.
The Google Cloud Platform Qualified Data Analyst exam tests candidates in the following skill areas:
- Loading data
- Exporting data
- Data compression
- Supported data formats
- Access control lists
- Supported data types
- Schema and table structure
- Join types
BigQuery Product Overview
- BigQuery use cases
- Advantages of BigQuery over other storage and analytics products
- Integrating BigQuery with other Google Cloud Platform products
- Architecture of BigQuery
- Columnar versus row-based data
- Methods of running queries
- Querying nested, repeated, and nested repeated data
- Evaluating and improving query performance
- Using Joins in BigQuery
- Denormalizing data
- Using GROUP and GROUP BY clauses
- Nested queries
- BigQuery functions
- Using the BigQuery REST API
- Table decorators
- Batch queries
- Troubleshooting query errors
- Sharding data
- select the exam
- Schedule the exam
- Pay for it (If you had coupon code, utilize it)
The exam can be taken both at online and offline.
- Code labs
- Google Cloud – Free trial
- Google Cloud
- Google Cloud Platform Documentation
- Stack Overflow – BigQuery
My Personal Tips
Sign up a google cloud account and you will get $300 to spend on Google Cloud Platform over the next 60 days.
Learn through each topic in BigQuery Documentation. Learn and practice for 120 Hrs to crack the exam.
In 2017, this exam is replaced by Google Certified Professional – Data Engineer.It also looks similar and advanced exam of Google Cloud Platform Qualified Data Analyst.
If you have any questions please comment the post or tweet to aravindderajan